Michael G. Nassy of FVCbank Elected Chair Jodi Richard of U.S. Bancorp Elected Vice Chair
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 25, 2021 /CNW/ — Michael G. Nassy, Government Vice President and Main Credit rating Officer, FVCbank, has been elected chair of The Threat Administration Association (RMA) for the 2022 fiscal year. Jodi Richard, Vice Chair and Chief Risk Officer, U.S. Lender, and Philippa X. Girling, Chief Risk Officer, Varo Bank, have been elected vice chair and treasurer, respectively. Their one particular-calendar year terms commence September 1, 2021.
“RMA’s new Board leaders are a varied and accomplished team in every single respect,” stated RMA President and CEO Nancy Foster. “That diversity will be a excellent gain to RMA customers as we set the system for the coming yr, a year in which the fiscal companies business and threat management as a entire confront important conclusions on crucial problems. Banking institutions of all measurements will gain from their advice as they tackle the influence of the pandemic, the ongoing risk of cyber criminal offense, the looming troubles of weather modify, and a lot of other subject areas.”
Nassy has been the Main Credit history Officer at FVCbank, a community bank dependent in Fairfax, Va., for 9 a long time and has been on RMA’s Board for the last 4. He is the recipient of the 2016 Washington Small business Journal Minority Organization Leaders Award and continues to be active on several Credit rating Chance Administration community forums and will discuss at RMA’s Annual Meeting in October on his range targets for RMA and the sector.
“I am honored to chair the Board of this venerable group at these types of an significant time for the marketplace and the communities we provide,” said Nassy. “RMA’s concentrate on peer sharing and bringing the field with each other on critical subject areas are important to growing our institutions and economies in this time of great change.”
The new vice chair, Jodi Richard, oversees all areas of U.S. Bank’s threat management actions and was nominated as just one of American Banker’s Most Impressive Gals in Banking in 2013, 2015, 2019, and 2020. She was also named Best Technological know-how Govt in 2017 by Waters Technological innovation. She has served on RMA’s Board considering that 2019.
The new treasurer, Philippa Girling, is a regarded specialist in fintech and chance, getting served in threat roles at traditional banking companies and now as Varo Bank’s Chief Risk Officer for additional than two several years. Varo Lender is centered on a mission to present truthful entry to economic products and services for all and is the to start with fintech to get a national financial institution constitution. She has around 25 a long time of working experience in finance, and was identified as a single of the Best Fifty Faces in Possibility in 2006 by Organizational Threat and Compliance journal and as one particular of the top rated 100 Functioning Moms in The us in 2014 by Doing work Mom journal. She has been on the RMA Board for additional than a few decades.
Recently elected to the RMA Board of Directors for 3-yr terms are:
- Heidi Andrion, Senior Vice President, Credit score Review, Money One, New York, N.Y.
- George F. Buchanan III, Executive Vice President and Chief Possibility Officer, Buyer & Wealth Administration, Regions Lender, Birmingham, Ala.
- Kieran J. Fallon, Main Possibility Officer, The PNC Economical Expert services Team, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- TJ Haynes-Morgan, Main Audit Executive, Raymond James Economical, Saint Petersburg, Fla., who will chair the Interior Audit Council.
- Graeme Hepworth, Chief Risk Officer, Royal Financial institution of Canada, Toronto, Ont.
- Amanda G. Norton, Senior Executive Vice President and Main Risk Officer, Wells Fargo & Corporation, San Francisco, Calif.
- Humberto M. Salomon, Director, Global Head of Chance Assessment, Institutional Clients Team (ICG), Citi, Irving, Texas, who will chair the Credit Hazard Council.
- Kevin Slane, Executive Vice President and Chief Threat Officer, Sandy Spring Bank, Olney, Md.
- Seth Waller, Govt Vice President and Chief Credit Officer, TIAA Financial institution, Jacksonville, Fla.
Note to editors: Pictures available upon request.
Established in 1914, The Risk Management Affiliation is a not-for-income, member-pushed qualified association whose sole objective is to progress the use of seem possibility administration concepts in the economical solutions marketplace. RMA promotes an company tactic to hazard management that focuses on credit score danger, sector possibility, and operational hazard. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, RMA has 1,900 institutional users that include banking institutions of all dimensions as effectively as nonbank economical establishments. They are represented in the Affiliation by 18,500 people positioned all over North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia/Pacific.
Watch original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/information-releases/risk-administration-affiliation-announces-new-2021-2022-board-leaders-301362809.html
Source The Threat Management Affiliation